Call for Submission: The Criterion (October Issue)
Call for Papers:
The Criterion: An International Journal in English
Vol. 4. Issue-V (October 2013)
Deadline: 15th September
We accept only electronic submissions via e-mail as attached documents (Microsoft wordonly) which must include Name, affiliation and country in the body of your submission. (Submission must be in single attachment)
Format of the articles:
Authors are requested to follow the MLA style strictly while preparing the articles. Authors are also requested to include the following in the format of their articles:
1. Full Title with subtitle, if any. Times New Roman, 14, Bold, (Not all capital letters)
2. Name and Affiliation of the Author/s
3. An abstract of the article of about 100-150 words.
4. Authors should note that the main body of the text should be prepared in such a way that no formatting is needed afterwards. Heading, sub headings and illustrations should be well incorporated within the main body of the article. Times New Roman, 12, Justified
5. There is no word-limit for articles. But ideally those should be around 5000 words, inclusive Works Cited.
6. All portions of the articles should be single-line spaced.
7. Author should be careful regarding grammatical and typological errors.
8. All essays submitted must be in English for review. Quotations in languages other than English must be accompanied by translations and font file.
Do not Decorate your submission with lines, borders, special characters, etc, which may lead to rejection
Fiction and Poetry
Our mission is to publish the finest fiction (up to 10,000 words), with special attention to character-driven stories that examine the depths and heights of emotion and motivation from a broad variety of cultural and social perspectives. We are also interested in more experimental narratives as well as well-written flash fiction (1,500 words or less). Surprise us with your writing. There are no restrictions on subjects and themes. For poetry, we aim to publish challenging and engaging works by both established and emerging poets.
-Fiction: Submit one piece at one time. -Poetry: Submit up to three poems at one time. -Include a short third-person biographical note in your submission. -Only previously unpublished works are considered.
-Response time: One Month after the Deadline for respective Issues. only accepted submissions.
- We do not publish articles from same author in all issues, however, authors can submit their articles for alternate issues.
We allow our authors flexible rights to republish and reproduce and distribute their published contents with third parties anywhere in any format on the following conditions:
1. The authors will inform the Editor-in-Chief about the intended republication or reproduction by third parties by sending a signed letter.
2. The authors will acknowledge credits to The Criterion as the first publisher and include the URL (the original link location) in their works.